Sunday, May 1, 2011

A CLUSTER OF COOL

Not a great photo but you certainly get the idea.
We had a good walk around the Bandimere Swap Meet yesterday, just a couple miles from our new digs. After walking by it twice, I bought a really cool instrument bezel that I hope to use in either the 26 Tall T or my '29, or (that's a whole 'nother blog). Anyhow, the instrument cluster's old owner thought it was from a early fifties Buick, but so far, I haven't been able to corroborate that fact. It really doesn't matter in the great scheme of things as the reason I bought it is that I really like the three piece bezel and think it would look great centered or free floating in the center of a model A or model T's dash. As I was rooting around trying to find out exactly what kind of instrument cluster I had gotten myself into, I came across a company that is making some beautiful instrument bezels themselves and while they may not appeal to the hardcore traditional rodder, I certainly do like what they're doing. I'll let you judge for yourself: CCM Rod Shop Check 'em out. Meanwhile I'll clean up my new instriment cluster and get some shots loaded on here as soon I have.

NOTES: Measurements are as follows: Center Speedo is 4&1/4" at interior of face, edge to edge.
Side pods are 4&1/4", inner pods are 2&1/4" outer and 1&3/4" inner, edge to edge

No comments:

Post a Comment