Saturday, January 21, 2012

RUBBED OUT FLATZ. WHO KNEW?

As cash reserves build back up, it's time to go back to conceptual exercise of planning. I know the exterior color will be a dark, dark eggplant color. I'm strongly leaning towards a suede. I tripped upon a very interesting idea for the paint texture from a fellow HAMB member. "El Bombero" painted his car in Hot Rod Flatz and had second thoughts once he's done so. So rubbed out the clear and the effect looked like an old paint job in really nice shape. Not a patina per say, just a slightly duller look. Very interesting idea. I'd like to thank fellow HAMBer Jeffrey James for reposting this idea on the HAMB thread I started.


                                                                            BEFORE:


AFTER:

No comments:

Post a Comment