Thursday, May 31, 2018

PREPPING MY SPEEDO & CENTERING IN DASH

Did a some light fabrication work this morning.



I took a Dremel cut-off wheel to the dash material surrounding my Riviera's gauge and removed all the excess hard plastic material.



Next move,  remove the dash and figure out the best way to center the speedo in the existing dash, or a fabricated dash. Thinking a shallow sunken headlight bucket might be a nice touch and allow me to point it slightly towards the driver.

I'm planning to mount the accessory gauges up above in the header panel, just above eye line so the road remains my main focus. Could also angle the gauges slightly towards the driver at same angle as the speedo. Might even mount the gauge in a headlight bucket for dramatic effect.

The Glader roadster Pinkee's built a decade ago is a good reference:



No comments:

Post a Comment