Wednesday, May 30, 2018

WHEEL SPACERS -- DOH!




How tight is too tight as far as tire clearance? Allow me to illustrate. Our John's Industries rear end is in and we have too issues with it. One it's just a hair too narrow. And it isn't centered with the suspension plumbed. So I've decided to kill two birds with three stones. Wheel spacers.

I'm ordering a set of three wheel spacers for my 5X 5.5" wheels in1/4", 3/8", and 1/2" thickness. That'll give me three options to push both wheels out equally.

I figure the right space behind the rear wheels will fix the issue. It remains to be seen whether a swap to longer wheel studs will be necessary. I look at it this way. It's the perfect The perfect excuse to order a set of 1/2"-20 bullet style lugs for my rear wheels. Come to think of, a whole set would be pretty nice.

Here's where I found what I'm looking for.

Stay tuned to see the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment