Saturday, August 11, 2018

ALAN GROVE BRACKETS, HURRAH!


It's nice when a part arrived with detailed instructions that are actually detailed and instructive.
Case in point, the paperwork that arrived with my alternator mounts purchased from Russ Martin, at Nailhead Buick. Russ has been patient and answered a lot of question, and so far, everything I've purchased from him has been of the highest quality. My Alan Grove alternator mount,  PN 240R being no exception. It's set up to mount the alt on the upper passenger side, so that the alternator is as far back as possible.

The Alan Grove part when in like butter, and except for the fact that I'm swapping out the bolts for polished stainless steel pieces from Alloyboltz.com, everything went in perfectly. In fact, that's proof of a great instruction sheet with 100% accurate diagram.
I've even breaks out the nuts and bolts and specifies exact size bolt sizes and including specs for the  washers. I've got Alan Grove mounts on my stroker motor in Ratiki, my '65 Suburban, and once again I must say I'm impressed. Particularly with how detailed the instructions were, which made installation a breeze and ordering polished stainless steel replacement bolts and washers a walk in the park.

We aren't out of the woods yet, though as we still have the alternator to mount and the pulleys to line up. PResently, my crank pulley and water pump pulley are having a 3/4" disagreement. But that's a problem for another day, and Russ Martin and I are working on the solution.

e're getting closer

No comments:

Post a Comment