Sunday, August 5, 2018

INTERIOR COLOR STUDY

With the engine color figured out, now's a good time to see what interior options exist in the same gold as the engine color.  Tina @ A Stitch in Time was good enough to ask her suppliers to provide a few lighter gold color samples.

The good news is we're batting two for three.

I'm really digging the brighter choice, which has a little more pop to it. Funny, because that's the opposite way I arrived at the Universal Gold VHT high-temp paint I chose for my nailhead engine.

It was the lightest and subtlest engine color I found and to me, felt more early-sixties than the oranger and blingier high-temp engine paints I tried. Universal Gold was the third paint I tried and three being a charm, that's where I landed.

None of my local auto parts stores carried it, which is surprising to me, as it's a dead match for the sixties Oldsmobile V8s.

So I guess now my Ford now has a Buick motor in an Olds shade. Onward. And the interior is no headed in the same direction. We're still looking at options, including clothes and brocades, but if we go there, you can bet it will be judiciously. A little goes a long way in such a small interior.











.

No comments:

Post a Comment