Tuesday, November 8, 2011

WHEEL CHOICE

The era I'm looking to capture with the T build is the early sixties. Mercury Charlie's original T and the Munster's coach are heavy influences.

I've always loved the steelies that Charlie ran on his T, but my instinct is to go with a more ornate design, such as the Radir like the Clark Bates-built blue T below.
 Another interesting option is the ever-popilar Cragar SS, which receives much less play among the Model T and A crowd, which frankly makes it all the more attractive to me. 
The car below is one of the only T's I've ever seen with Cragar SS wheels.

This much I'm sure of. It will definitely use a hodgepodge of carefully blended used parts, have a dark colored paint job, and be almost devoid of chrome dress up items (other than the wheels themselves). 
I'm going for a decidedly goth vibe without it being at all ratty. 
And it will be built from the ground up using quality 60's parts throughout.
Stay tuned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment